If you are looking for the best guinea pig cage for 2, look no further. This article will help you to find the right cage for your pet. Guinea pigs, also known as cavies are very popular pets for children. They are easy to take care, unlike other pets like dogs and cats.
However, to take good care of your cavies, you need a good cage that will make them feel comfortable and safe. This is why a decent cage is needed.
Choosing the right cage can be a bit difficult. We have simplified everything in this article. Read on as we review the five best guinea pig cages for your informed choice.
Guinea Habitat Guinea Pig Cage by Midwest
Make your guinea pig feel safe and secure with the Guinea Habitat Guinea Pig Cage. This is an ideal home for your guinea pig. It was developed after careful research on how guinea pigs eat, sleep and interact. The Guinea Habitat cage is meticulously designed to keep your pet healthy, fit and comfortable. The cage is big enough to make your pig feel at home. It measures 8 square feet and can be expanded to 16 square feet with an additional cage. This will give your guinea pig enough room to explore, socialise and exercise. With enough spacious area, cleaning and interacting with your pet becomes easy and convenient. You can set up the cage in a matter of minutes without any tools. The cage can accommodate two big guinea pigs to create the kind of environment and living space recommended by veterinarians and breeders.
Features & Benefits
- Quick and easy setup in a jiffy. Setup requires no tools.
- Easy and convenient to clean
- Ample space to make pets move freely without any hindrances
- Provides the 8 square feet of living space well advised by veterinarians and breeders.
- Perfect for both outdoor and indoor use
- With 14 inches high sides, guinea pigs are secure and easy to access
- It comes with an easy to remove PVC lined canvas bottom that is leak-proof, washable and durable.
- PVC lined canvas bottom provides traction and protection for guinea pig’s sensitive feet to avoid injuries
- It is ideal for guinea pig first-time owners
- It can be used for hedgehogs
- Cage is big enough to accommodate two big adult guinea pigs
- The cage is chew-proof
- The cage makes for the easy feeding of the guinea pig
- Lock-in-place doors stand as ramps to allow easy entrance and exit
Lovupet2 Stories Rabbit Hutch Guinea Pig Cage
Improve the lifestyle of your guinea pig with the two-story Rabbit Hutch Guinea Pig Cage. The cage is constructed with premium natural fir wood and painted using eco-friendly non-toxic varnish. With the painting, the cage becomes anti-corrosive, waterproof and sun-proof making it able to stay outdoor for many years. The sturdy front door near the sleeping area locks securely with a metal slide bolt. It has PVC plastic cover at the upper level that is easy to clean and remove. This cage is designed with pets in mind with a two-floor that consists of one resting floor and a run floor meaning one side is for privacy while the other is built for fun and play. The cage is built with a solid fir wood to resist pests and predators.
Features & Benefits
- The cage comes with two slip-out black PVC trays that are super easy to wash and remove
- It comes with a door that is closed with a rotating bolt at the bottom to effectively secure your pet
- Made with a long feed trough so that the pet can feed with the utmost ease.
- Good for both indoor and outdoor purposes
- The cage is large enough for ventilation and activity
- Assembling the cage is a breeze. Setup is in less than 30 minutes. It comes with assembly instructions for easy setup. Basic carpentry skills and a screw gun are needed.
- It has a ladder for easy movement of small animals
- The cage is made from 100% recyclable environmental protection materials
- Cage is sturdy after assemble
- Made to deter pests and predators
- Top of the cage opens with ease alongside the hinges
- The paint is non-toxic to humans and animals
- Value for money
- Quality and durable construction
Living World Deluxe Habitat
Create some kind of luxury for your pet with the Living World Deluxe Habitat. The Deluxe Habitat gives you everything that you need for the safe housing of your animal. It is well suited for guinea pigs, chinchillas and ferrets. This is a hybrid cage that consists of an upper wire frame and a plastic bottom base to make it a well ventilated, safe and comfortable home for your rodents. The cage is elegantly designed with white wired sides and an arcing red wire top. Gaining access into the cage is easy with the opening of the wired top to give you easy access inside the cage. The cage opens in two parts. The wired door at the front grants extra accessibility into the cage. There is a balcony with an access ramp. There is also a tip-proof food dish that properly secures the floor of the balcony. The hideaway space under the balcony provides the pet with a quiet, convenient and secure place to hide and rest. Outside of the cage, there is a drip-proof water bottle and hay guard to save interior space and give you easy access when maintenance is due. The cage can easily be assembled in just eight steps without tools.
Features & Benefits
- Safe, well ventilated and comfortable
- No tools are required to assemble. Assembly is easy with four easy-to-use plastic clips.
- Great for rabbits, ferrets, rabbits and chinchillas
- Easy to clean
- Made from high-quality wiring for sturdiness and durability
- Large enough for two big guinea pigs
- It has a fixed food dish for easy food serving
- Two top opening lids make access pretty easy
- The hideaway compartment underneath provides a secure, quiet and safe place to have a nap without any disturbances
Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal Home (Dark Grey)
When you have a pet, you want to make sure it lives in a comfortable and safe place. This is what the Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal is designed to achieve. The cage is wide enough for two guinea pigs and comes with a twisted knob closure. It is not just designed for guinea pigs; it is made for a variety of animals such as rabbits, sugar gliders, chinchillas, tortoise, hamster and more. It is compact and easy to handle. The doors are wide and close securely using a wire latch locking mechanism. The two doors provide easy entry and exit. There is a snap-on and snap-off mesh that is securely held in place with six clips. It is lightweight, sturdy and durable. The cage has been tested to conform to the highest level of safety standards. The cage is easy to transport from one point to another. It is easy to assemble. Just follow the assembly instructions for a quick setup. Cleaning the cage is stress-free. The design of the cage makes refilling extremely easy.
Features & Benefits
- Lightweight cage for easy handling
- Easy snap-on and snap-off mesh held in place with 6 clips
- Tightwire spacing so that baby pigs won’t force their way out of the cage
- It can be used both indoor and outdoor
- Doors come with wire latch locking mechanism
- Made from top-quality aluminium and plastic
- Suitable for a wide variety of animals
AmazonBasics Pet Habitat
Keep your pet comfortable and well contained with the AmazonBasics Pet Habitat. It is durable and sturdily built to last for many years of pet pleasure. The rectangular-shaped enclosure has an iron wire upper frame with a PP plastic bottom border and base to provide a cosy environment that is well ventilated with proper viewing. It is built in three sizes-small, medium and jumbo. This jumbo size is also suitable for ferrets and can contain two big adult guinea pigs conveniently and comfortably. The jumbo-size cage measures 48.6 x 26.6 x 20.6 (LxWxH). It weighs 18.7 pounds. The top and bottom openings give you right of access without any hindrances. When it is time for the cleaning or feeding of the rodent, the big-sized doors makes it extremely easy. There is a hiding place underneath for privacy and a quick nap. The non-tip food bowl is adequately secured at the balcony floor of the cage. Other accessories include a hay guard and non-drip water bottle which is well secured outside of the cage to avoid overcrowding the inside of the cage. The design of the cage helps for better viewing. The comfort of your piggies is guaranteed with the AmazonBasics Pet Habitat. Assembly is simple and easy by following the assembly instructions.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to clean and refill
- Built strong and long-lasting
- Quick and easy setup without any tools
- Hideaway underneath balcony for privacy and rest
- The jumbo-sized habitat is ideal for guinea pigs, rabbits, ferrets or chinchillas
- The front and top opening guarantees easy access to the inside of the cage
- Great value for money
- Roomy enough for pet’s comfort and good health
- Great cage made for guinea pigs
- Good design
- It can be used both indoor and outdoor.
- Improves the lifestyle of your guinea pig
- Made with top-quality materials
Choosing the right guinea pig cage for 2 can be a tough and challenging task especially if you are doing this for the first time. Our buyer’s guide is made to help you make an informed choice. There are different factors to look out for when buying a guinea pig cage for 2. These are things to consider before you buy a cage.
- Cage size requirements –When looking for a cage to buy, it makes sense to look for something that is at least 7.5 square feet of open space to contain one or two guinea pigs. 1.5 square feet is enough for running space. This means you need a rectangular or square-shaped cage that gives the pet an uninterrupted movement. A well spacious cage is advantageous in many ways in the sense that it does not get dirty easily.
- Safety –Safety requirement is another thing that has to be considered before you buy a cage. Some cages have open space while others are fitted with ramps. Look for a cage with open space to give the animal enough space to roam. There should be no restrictions on movement. Avoid small cages that are meant for birds. Small cages will only make your pet live in bondage.
- Easy cleaning and refilling – the regular cleaning of the cage is something that must be taken seriously. This is why you must look for a cage that is easy to clean. It boils down to the materials used in making the cage. Powdered coated or PVC coated steel tops are super easy to clean. Ensure that the cage helps to refill your guinea pig’s food easily.
- Ease of accessibility – You should be able to have quick access to the cage. It must have at least two doors and it should be easy to open from the top.
- Cage bar spacing – Choose a cage that the bar space is well closed up to prevent baby guinea pigs from forcing their way out.
Choosing the best guinea pig cage for 2 is easy if you know the number and age of the guinea pigs that will live inside the cage. There are a lot of budget-friendly cages out there. A good cage must be durable, easy to clean and assemble. Choosing any of our five reviewed cages will be a good choice.