Guinea pig toys are good companions for your pets. With toys, your cavy will never get bored.
Guinea pigs come in different shapes and sizes but what they have in common is their playful personality.
Whether you are a new owner or you have had your guinea pig for a while, it can be a frustrating task figuring the right toys for your guinea pig.
This article is meant to help you make the right choice since there are thousands of toys. Read on as we review the best guinea pig toys.
JanYoo Guinea Pig Toys Chinchilla Hamster Roller Rat Chews Toys
The JanYoo guinea pig set of toys is made from natural wood which means it is safe for pets. The set of toys comprises a dumbbell, a climbing ladder, a seesaw, a unicycle, a bell roller, a swing, and a set of apple tree branches. This set of toys will provide your guinea pig with many hours of fun. These toys are suited for a variety of animals including guinea pigs, chinchillas, rabbits, rats and hamsters.
These are the perfect combination of healthy entertainment toys for your ideal pet. The toys are dried at high temperatures. They are safe, secure and handmade. The wooden hamster toys give your small rodent the ample opportunity to play and work out effectively. The apple tree block is made from natural materials. It is organic and has sweet taste devoid of pesticides. The apple tree block is strong and durable. It does not fall off no matter how hard it is bitten or chewed. Guinea pigs love the apple tree block so much. They love the sticks too. This is great for pet owners who like to play with toys.
Features & Benefits
- Safe and fun toys for a variety of animals such as guinea pigs, chinchillas, rabbits, etc.
- It is made from natural wood making it non-toxic
- Helps your pet to play healthily and happily
- It is well made, sturdy, durable and tough
- It consists of 7 items which include seesaw, swing, climbing ladder, dumbbell, unicycle, small bell roller and apple tree block.
- Appletree block has a naturally sweet taste. No pesticides; no poisoning
- All toys are dried in high temperature
- Toys help to reduce boredom by making the animal playful
- Toys improve the healthy teeth growth of animals. They are suitable for grinding teeth
- All the toys are handmade
JanYoo Rat Chinchilla Toys Guinea Pig Accessories
The Chinchilla toys and guinea pig accessories are made of natural, non-toxic wood. These toys help to give your pet a fun-filled time when the rodent is bored inside the cage. It helps to improve the healthy growth of the pet’s teeth. Guinea pigs have teeth that are always growing, so they chew toys to help prevent dental damage.
These chew toys offer an assortment for your pet to gnaw on. Chew toys are made from natural wood that is safe, organic and treated with no pesticides. So it won’t cause any sickness to your guinea pig. The 7 pack gift set includes climbing, seesaw, swing, small bell roller, dumbbell, unicycle and apple tree block. There is never a dull moment with these toys and accessories. It can be used by guinea pigs, chinchillas, rabbits, hamsters, rats, birds and other smaller pets. There is no doubt your rodent will like this set of toys. Their days will always be full of fun and happiness with these durable and sturdy toys. Ensure that you remove the bells inside the chew toys so that your guinea pig does not ingest it. These toys are a must-have for pet owners who love their pets.
Features & Benefits
- Made from safe and natural wood
- Toys are non-toxic
- Chew toys are perfect for guinea pigs who are still growing teeth
- Suitable for different small animals such as chinchillas, guinea pigs, rabbits, rats and others
- Eliminates boredom that pets face when locked up inside the cage
- Toys are super strong, durable and long-lasting
- Great value for money
- Helps to keep the toys busy all day long
- Comes at an affordable price
- Chew toys are solid and cannot be broken or spoilt.
- Good quality toys
Living World Hagen Pet Tunnel
This is a toy meant for small animals. It is the perfect toy for guinea pigs. The toy provides an excellent place for your pet to play, hide, explore and nap. The fun tunnel provides many hours of enjoyment for your cavy. It is easy to clean since it is made of polyester fabric material with large openings. It folds up for easy storage when it is not being used by the pet.
The tunnel has three openings. There is one opening on each side and another at the midway point of the tunnel. The long cylindrical structure is produced from a spiral wireframe that is well covered with polyester fabric. The fabric is super easy to wipe clean. This fabric adds amusement to the fun because it makes a crinkly sound when a pet steps into it. The two ends of the tunnel have Velcro which makes it extremely easy to attach the tunnel to a tent. The tunnel can be used both indoor and outdoor. It is well suited for guinea pigs and rabbits. It can be used as a standalone play area either for burrowing or tunneling.
Features & Benefits
- Large opening for the easy navigation of the pet
- Promotes fun, exploration and play
- Perfect toy for a variety of toys such as ferrets, guinea pigs, dwarf rabbits, rats, chinchillas and hamster.
- Good for tunnelling and burrowing
- It can be used indoor and outdoor
- Fabric is made from quality material making easy to wipe clean
- Tunnel openings provide easy entry and exit
- A tunnel is ideal for play and exploration
- Easily foldable and storage
- A nice hideout and exercise toy
- Price is reasonable
ZALALOVA Hamster Chew Toys
The ZALALOVA Hamster Chew Toys are eco-friendly. They are also bite-resistant to ensure the healthy growth of your pet teeth. It is made from natural materials. There is no paint on the wood making it non-toxic and safe for animals. The toys are handmade with first-class wood like New Zealand pine, fir and bamboo. It is dried with the natural sun with strict control of dehydration rate. The 10 packs of wooden chew toys include a climbing ladder, molar string, seesaw, squared molar block with rope, bell roller, unicycle, dumbbell, bark watermelon balls, rattan ball and bell swing.
The hamster toys come in beautiful shapes and are made with special anti-corrosive technology. The molar string is made from 100% organic applewood beaches. These toys are applicable for different animals such as chinchillas, guinea pigs, rats, birds and other small pets. The toys allow your guinea pig to work out and play. These toys should get some air and sun to stay healthy and natural for a long time. Do not place it in dark and damp areas all the time. The woods have been polished and smoothened many times to prevent injuries to your pet.
Features & Benefits
- Nature taste. The toy is made without any form of chemicals
- Designed to suit different types of pets such as guinea pig, hamsters, chinchillas, rabbits, rats, birds and more.
- Allows the pet to play healthily and happily
- Made from carefully selected materials that are wind-proof and moisture-proof
- The toys help to provide leisure place for the pet
- Wipe clean with water. Do not rinse.
- Toys are very eco-friendly
- Made from natural and non-toxic materials
- Ideal for pets that are grinding teeth
- Ensures the healthy growth of your guinea pig teeth
HOMEYA Pet Small Animal Hanging Hammock
If you are looking for a way to save space, this 2-tier bunk hammock bed is what you need for your pet. The small animal hammock bed provides a comfortable sleep for your pet. Small animals naturally love to hide in well-covered space making it ideal for different animals such as guinea pig, flying squirrel, chinchilla, hamster, ferret, hedgehog, sugar slider, mice, rat, parrot and other small animals.
The pet hammock has a unique design and made of high-density canvas outside while the inside is made from warm fleece materials. It is reversible meaning any of the sides can be up or down. It is made for all seasons. The hammock bed can easily be attached to the cage with the four metal cage hooks. Washing it is super easy. It can be washed with a machine.
Features & Benefits
- Machine washable design
- Provides unparalleled comfort for your pet
- It is a hammock that provides both fun and happiness to your pet
- Easy to hang to a cage with metal hooks
- The pet hammock is anti-bite.
- It is durable, sturdy, reliable and dependable
- Big enough for two guinea pigs
- Top-quality product
- Serves as a hiding place underneath the hammock
- Functional and attractive hammock
- It is chew-proof and provides excellent joint support for your pet
- The hammock is designed to be suspended from the cage
- The sleep-sack hammock combination is very versatile
- Perfect for small animals such as chinchillas, guinea pigs, ferrets, parrots, birds, flying squirrels, hamsters, gerbils and other small animals
- The hammock is space-saving
- Soft enough for your pet’s body
- The lovely pattern design looks appealing and attractive to pets
- It is well-loved by pets especially guinea pigs
- It is a great gift for your pet for their fun and happiness
How do you choose the best guinea pig toys? This buyer’s guide will help you out. Here are the things you must look out for when buying toys for your guinea pig.
- Materials – Getting the most of your guinea pig toys means you must look for one that is made of high-quality materials. This is very important because some materials can be harmful to the pet. Materials such as wood and hay are natural and safe to use because it allows them to connect well with nature. Do not buy toys that are made of plastic and metal because they may be injurious.
- Choose the right size – The size of your pet matters when looking for a toy to buy. Buying a toy that is bigger than your pet will amount to a waste of money.
- Avoid toxins – Toxins are artificial paint and pesticides used in the preservation of wood used in making the toys. Pets can be affected by these chemicals. Toxins can make them sick. Anytime you intend buying toys, always avoid the toys that are painted. Most manufacturers make use of natural dye which is fine. If you choose toys made from wood, ensure that you read the description to be sure it is pesticide-free. Ensure the chewing toys are without any preservatives too.
- Smooth edged toys – Although, guinea pigs are very hairy they still have to be protected from accidents. To avoid injuries like hitting their eyes on a sharp object, ensure the toy you want to buy has smooth edges. Toys with sharp edges are a danger to pets. If you have cubicle toys, it makes sense to sand the edges before the toy is introduced to the pet.
- Variety matters – Pets need more than one toy. This is why you need to buy a variety of toys so that they won’t feel bored. Seeing the same toy every day becomes monotonous after some time.
There are different toys to choose for your pet. Having a combination of toys will be a good idea. Choosing the JanYoo Guinea Pig Toys Chinchilla Hamster Roller Rat Chews Toys and Living World Hagen Pet Tunnel will make a complete playground for your pet.